Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Carols

I've finally given in to listening to Christmas music on a regular basis now that Thanksgiving is long gone. In doing so, I've noticed songs that I really really like and those that I really really dislike. So here is my Top 5 Best and Worst songs of the Christmas season!

Top 5 Best Songs
1. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - I've liked it ever since the mannequin scene in Home Alone!
2. O Holy Night - I just think it's pretty and good to sing to when you're alone in the car.
3. Mr. Grinch - Cute and clever, a nice break from reality.
4. Baby its Cold Outside - Makes me want to cuddle up and drink hot chocolate with my hubby!
5. God Only Knows - Okay so technically not a Christmas song, but it plays at the end of my favorite Christmas movie, Love Actually, and I always, always, always cry. It's just perfect!

Top 5 Worst Songs
1. Christmas Shoes - Who wants to sing about shoes for their mom to die in? Debbie Downer!
2. Little Drummer Boy - This song has annoyed me ever since my brother had to sing it in our daycare Christmas concert.
3. All I Want For Christmas is You - I played Mariah's Christmas album non stop back in '94 but 14 years later, I'm way over it!
4. I don't know the name of the song but it started out "Christmas always comes this time of year" - No duh! Stupid.
5. Celebrate Me Home - I actually like the song but it always makes me miss my family big time around the holidays. It always seems to be on the radio on my way home from work and I end up crying and other drivers look at me like I'm crazy.

1 comment:

Krissy said...

I agree - Christmas shoes is the worst song ever. So depressing and cheesy.