Sunday, June 29, 2008

Big Day


Today's the day I'm going to attack sewing for the first time in my entire life. No joke, I have never once sewed a thing - by hand or with a machine! To indulge in my crafty phase I bought my first sewing machine (with pink case). This meant that I had to buy really cute fabric for the really cute things that I would create with the really cute sewing machine. Really cute fabric is expensive so I also had to buy sorta cute cheap fabric to practice with! Then there were all of the supplies I had to get. I must say that I really enjoyed the challenge of picking out the necessary thread to go along with my really cute and sorta cute fabric. With the thread had to come a thread organizer (since organization is my middle name: Lisa Marie Organization MacDonald). The organizer is pretty basic and doesn't get me too excited - even with the thread arranged by color. I am on the lookout for a cute thread holder, keep your eyes open!

So here I go. My first practice piece will be a wine bag - pillows are way too easy (I'm guessing). It's the perfect day to try: cloudy and breezy summer day - nothing on my agenda! I'm so excited!

No comments: