Monday, July 14, 2008

Beauty Hurts

In my view, one of the greatest inventions EVER is the Biore Clear Pore Strip! My reasons:
1. You get to pretend you had a nose job (without the bruising) for 10 minutes of your day.
2. Analyzing the strip once it's removed.
3. Smooth skin!

Now some of you may balk at the "analyzing the strip" comment, but back off! Can you honestly tell me you don't get entertainment out of looking at all of the mess that was previously in your pores?! One my roommates in college, (the one who also likes the smell of the ear stuff that ends up on earrings), would demand to see the strip after my own analysis. She would spend at least a few minutes checking it out and determining whether or not it was a good strip.

Today's pore strip experience was not a happy one. I did get the joy out of pretending I had a nose job. But taking this sucker off - OMG did it hurt! Normally, they hurt a little and my eyes well up a bit, but today it was so many tears that I couldn't even see! It was even so bad that I kinda didn't want to proceed with taking it off. But I guess it would've been really weird to walk around with a half torn off pore strip all day! Surely, with all of that pain, it would be a good strip to analyze. Nope! From my analysis today, it was not a good strip. Perhaps it's due to the extreme humidity the Tri-State has been experiencing lately that I've sweat all of the mess right out, and there's nothing left. Even so, my nose does feel nice and smooth today and I keep touching it - probably filling up the pores with dirt for the next time...

No comments: