Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Crab Apple

Oh my gosh, am I crabby this morning! Yikes, I mean, I think I almost need to go home, get back in bed, then get up on the right side! I am generally not the most pleasant morning person and usually need a couple of hours to really wake up and be ready to interact with the human race. My college roommates learned very quickly that "Lisa doesn't talk in the morning". It was just one of those mornings when the alarm went off to work out and I convinced myself it was raining (even though it wasn't) and that'd I'd work out this afternoon - that never happens. So I reset the alarm. And reset the alarm. And ran through a million scenarios about why I shouldn't come to work today. Then I stretched (in bed) and that's when the heightened crabbiness began - my foot went through the duvet opening!

Arg! I really like the duvet we got for our wedding, it's great. But I have two major beefs.

1. This particular duvet is not reversible and the opening/buttons are on the inside (like the part you don't show to people) which happens to be down by our feet. It can be up by our heads but we have the same problem either way. I don't know if the button holes are too big or what but they constantly come undone leaving giant openings in the cover. Then I stick my feet through them and my whole body cringes! I don't know what it is, but I can't stand it when my feet go through the openings! It probably has something to do with my other fear of being constricted (too tight tshirt neck openings, being tucked in, etc.) Surely my feet are going to get caught in the duvet cover and I'm going to die.

2. This beef pertains to all duvet covers (well all three that we've ever used, at least.) No matter what, after a couple of nights, the actual comforter ends up sliding towards the end of the bed and all I'm left with around my neck is my blankie (sweet!) and duvet cover with no warmth or comfort. We constantly have to grab the other end and shake it out to move the comforter within back towards our heads - and with the ceiling fan going, this is a very scary process!

So I need to come up with clever solutions for both of these issues. I'm thinking about sewing snaps onto the comforter and the duvet to keep the comforter in place but I'm not too keen on sleeping with little metal pieces in my bed with the way I flail around. Any other ideas?

I'm now going to curl up with my coffee mug and work off this crabbiness. Wish me luck.

No comments: