Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sing A Song

So my family vacation to Virginia Beach is coming up and I'm very excited for all of us to be back there together (and keeping my fingers crossed that Brian can find a way to come for a little bit)! I'm kinda beginning to panic because my family wants to go to one of our favorite restaurants, Jewish Mother, for karoke night and everyone has to sing! This has to be some sort of crazy idea my mother's come up with while beginning to enjoy her retirement.

Despite the countless hours I've spent in front of Randy, Paula, and Simon playing Karaoke Revolution:American Idol edition, I AM TERRIFIED! I have never really done this before (and being 19 and just discovering alcohol in Windsor does NOT count!)My go to songs in the shower are showtunes (and even though I have a killer On My Own, I'd look like a huge dork), and Part of Your World from the Little Mermaid (again, huge dork)!!

So I need some song suggestions. Something that I am familiar with and will be easy to pull off. My favorite on Karaoke Revolution is Put Your Records on by Corrine Bailey Rae but is it weird because I'm not black and she sings about afros? I was also thinking Sheryl Crow...All I Wanna Do...not exciting enough? I need suggestions, stat!

4 comments:

Leslie Ober said...

OOooh...that does sound scary! :o) I'm sure you'll do GREAT! Hehe. The two songs you mentioned sound like really good ones. I like to sing "Something to Talk About" by Bonnie Rait or "Zombie" by the Cranberries. But that's me. Basically...pick a song that you will have LOTS of fun with...and more importantly, the crowd will have fun with too!! Pick something that EVERYONE will know so they can sing along. Hope that helps!! Good luck! :o)

Leslie Ober said...

Oldies tend to be good too!! Do you like oldies??

Lisa said...

How old were you thinking? My other thought is kinda old - Don't Leave Me This Way....too wild?

Leslie Ober said...

That would be a good one! :o) There are parts of that song, though, where I (personally) would be nervous to sing, as it would require decent vocal ability. Hehe.