Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary


On Wednesday, Brian and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary! Hooray! We were both bogged down at work trying to get ready to leave for vacation so this year we couldn't take the day off and get caught at the video store in our pjs and greasy hair for everyone to see on the local news. No, this time around we just went to dinner and watched a movie.

We went to Hugo for dinner. The food was supposed to be southern inspired so we thought it was appropriate since we are heading to New Orleans. I felt kinda uncomfortable at first because our table was the highest in the dining room and we were both seated facing out like we were the King and Queen looking out over our Court. I quickly got over it once I started eating because it was the most delicious meal EVER!

Course 1: Scallops in some wonderful sauce!
Course 2: Hugo Salad - it had goat cheese, need I say more?
Course 3: Duck in a white bean and tomato broth - perfection!

Skipped the dessert course because I had picked up our wedding cake from Bonbonerie. Not to float my boat, but we had the best wedding cake ever! It's dangerous that it is available pretty much every day and all I ever want to do is eat it.

Now we get to leave for New Orleans. We're hoping that since we're both so exhausted we'll sleep the entire 17 hour bus ride! While we're gone there will be people blogging about our trip at www.crossroads.net/goneworleans Check it out!

1 comment:

Leslie Ober said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are still newlyweds! How fun!! :) And I can't WAIT to hear about your trip!!