Saturday, August 2, 2008

Vacation Recap

I spent last week in Virginia Beach with my family. It was a great beach vacation with lots of sun, sand, and salt! I also learned a few lessons:

1. Skin cancer is bad. I'm not sure if the picture picks it up well (the iPhone cam doesn't zoom) but all this girl bought to the beach was a towel and a giant sized bottle of baby oil. She took the cap off and just poured it all over her. I mean she was slathering this stuff on like she was about to go down a slip n slide! So gross! Anyway, if you can make it out in the picture, that giant bottle of baby oil is almost empty.


2. Tattoo sleeves are fun! It's fun to pretend you're all tough and tatted up for awhile. But it's even more fun to take it off and have your nice clean arm back.


3. Don't fall asleep in the middle of the day. I will take a picture of you drooling all over yourself.



4. Buy trendy shades when they're cheap. $6.99. I call these my 'stunna shades'. They're one of the more trendier things I own and will probably never wear because they don't exactly go with my work polo that I wear everyday. Still, they're fun!


5. Enjoy time with your family. Yes, it did get stressful at times with all 6 of us in the same room but overall it was a great week of constant family time. And when you live 200 miles away from them, these times are few and far between.

2 comments:

Leslie Ober said...

I have to know...did you karaoke?? If so...how did it go?

Lisa said...

NO! The place that normally has it doesn't do it anymore :( But I had an awesome performance in New Orleans!